Pasture-raised chicken deposit
Reserve a total of 12 or more chickens and you receive the benefits of a Chicken Bundle, including 5% off retail price and other great bonuses. You have all season to pick them up at one of our scheduled dates.
Reserve your chickens before May 15, 2018 and you will also receive:
- A chance to win one of two great cookbooks on pasture-raised foods (The Farmer and the Grill and The Grass-fed Gourmet Cookbook)
- Wild Leek Salt (for Chicken Bundles only)
- Decide where you’d like to pick-up your chicken, what date(s) and how many for each date. Add each date separately to your cart.
- There’s a $10/bird non-refundable deposit when you reserve; the remaining cost is due on pick-up (chickens range from 4-6 lb)
- If you want a Chicken Bundle, make sure your total for all pick-up dates is 12 or more (or a deposit of $120 or more)
- You’ll receive a confirmation email from us
- Put the dates on your calendar and get ready for “the best chicken ever”
Still not sure what to do? Click here for examples on how to order a Chicken Bundle and individual chickens.
See Description below for prices and pick-up locations. Please note Heritage chicken is not available this year because the breeder died suddenly.
Raised under the Artisanal Chicken Program, our chickens live on pasture – grazing rotationally on grasses and legumes and foraging for insects and seeds. They also receive a diverse mix of locally grown grain and seeds, most of which is organically grown and all of which is non-GMO, clean and unmedicated.
Our Standard chicken is a breed called the White Rock, or Cornish Cross, which is the industry standard. They have white feathers and grow to around 8-9 weeks on pasture. The meat of a Standard pasture-raised chicken looks similar to high quality supermarket chicken: plump breasts and legs and a good amount of white meat. You can see the difference pasture living provides in the collagen-set of stock and health of the organs.
When they are ready, we transport them a short distance to the local Amish community, where they are processed with care at an Ontario Approved inspected abattoir. At every step, Three Ridges Ecological Farm and the abattoir follow strict animal welfare and food safety protocols to ensure the health of the birds and safety of our customers.
Food photos by Katie Hotchkiss Photography
Bee Loved Gardens (Iona Station), Kilworth, London (Wortley Village), On-farm, Toronto (Greensides)
August 11 – FRESH, August 16 – frozen, August 17/18 – frozen, By arrangement, July 5 – frozen, July 6/7 – frozen, June 30 – FRESH, November 10 – frozen, October 11 – frozen, October 12/13 – frozen, October 13 – FRESH, September 15 – FRESH, September 20 – frozen, September 21/22 – frozen