Chicken Butchery & Stock Demonstration with Ellen Laing
Orchard Hill Farm, 45415 Fruit Ridge Line, St Thomas, Ontario
Piecing whole chicken is a great way to diversify your meal options and add even more value to your pasture-raised chicken. But, it can be intimidating to get started with at-home butchery. Sharp (or unsharp!) knives, so many bones to work around – how do you know you are doing it right? It shouldn’t be hard, right?
To help you master the art of chicken butchery, we are teaming with chef and farmer, Ellen Laing of Orchard Hill Farm, who will give a demonstration on chicken butchery and stock making. This demonstration is part of Orchard Hill Farm’s Second Saturday farm events and is open to the public for $5. 3R Chicken Bundle customers receive a complimentary ticket to the demonstration. For a more comprehensive, hands-on chicken butchery workshop in a small group enviornment, check out the Chicken Butchery Workshop with Jamie Waldron.
What you will learn:
- How to break down a chicken
- How to make a rich, gelatinous stock
You will want to attend this demonstration if:
- You love chicken and want to diversify how you use pasture-raised chicken
- You want to learn about home butchering by watching a chef work her magic
- You love visiting local farms
- This event has been cancelled.